🍃 Eco-friendly literally means Earth-friendly or "not harmful to the environment" 🍃
Here at Honey Gokko, we care about the environment and the affect we all have on it. Consequently, I decided to use recycled, sustainable and eco-friendly products as much as I can throughout my boutique in order to reduce my environment impact. For a small business, it's not a lot per se, but I believe that it can help make a difference anyway.
✿ KEYCHAINS ✿
Some of my keychains are made with 100% recycled and recyclable clear acrylics
✿ STICKERS ✿
Some of my stickers are 100% PVC Free and 100% recyclable
✿ ART PRINTS ✿
All my art prints are made on Hahnemühle Agave paper. This particular paper is acid free, ligning free and OBA* free.
They are printed on a studio member of the Fine Art Trade Guild and ArtSure registered.
All the prints are packed in recycled packaging.
✿ PACKAGING ✿
Almost every bit of my packaging material is recycled and/or recyclable.
- I use sustainable, recyclable kraft mailers (the bubbles you can find inside can be detached and reused and are also recyclable)
- My tissue papers are FCS** certified, acid free and printed with soy-based inks.
- The yarn I use to attache my packages is made from recycled textile (85% recycled cotton and 15% other recycled fibers)
- All my cards (business and backing ones) are FCS** certified. They are made from 100% recycled, 350gms uncoated paper.
- The enamel pin clear display bags are made from annually renewable PLA derived from corn or similar starches (potato, etc.) and are fully biodegradable and compostable, breaking down to CO2 and H2O.
- Some of my washi-tape packagings are eco-friendly.
* OBA means 'optical brightening agent'. These chemicals are often added in the coating or even in some cases, in the base paper.
** The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council certifies that the paper products are sourced from a forest and supply chain that is managed responsibly and sustainably.
Thanks to Noissue, Honey Gokko planted 2 trees! And this is only the start! 🌳🌳